Saturday, June 2, 2012

10 Month Update

This week marked ten weeks home for Nikolas. I don't have a lot to say about this month, so this update will be mostly pictures of our adorable little Bulgarian boy.  He is now weighing in at 27 pounds and is 37 inches tall.  He continues to be a good eater.  We've been pushing him to eat more independently, and his fork and spoon skills have improved so much over the past couple of weeks.  He's not the neatest eater, but he's definitely getting the food from his plate to his mouth.  His speech isn't progressing much.  He will mimic sounds (especially if they are on television), but he still refuses to repeat words.  He starts speech therapy on Tuesday, so hopefully his speech therapist will be able to pull some words out of him.  We have noticed that he seeks us out for comfort more often when he falls down.  He wants a kiss (usually on his forearm), and then he's on his way.  He's been going to Kids Club at the gym for a couple of months, and I'm finally starting to see him interacting with the other children.  The other day when I went to pick him up he was building a Lincoln Log house with a few other little ones, and he seemed to be enjoying himself.  He likes the ladies that work there and is comfortable staying with them while I go to my Aqua Fit class.  Here are some pictures:






    
For those of you who are attending the reunion, we look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks!!

1 comment:

Viviane said...

Handsome, as always.

I am looking forward to hearing your report on speech therapy success. Emilia also imitates sounds she hears, but otherwise only says two words: daddy and hi. We will enroll her in speech therapy in September if we see no progress until then.

See you in a few weeks.