Nikolas got his casts off this morning. I'm sure everyone in the building heard him screaming. His doctor was very happy with the results of the surgery. She said his feet are looking great. To keep his feet from turning back in, he has to wear special shoes that are connected with a bar. Right now he needs to wear the shoes/bar combo most of the time. He was also fitted for braces, and we will get those on December 14th. Once we get the braces, he'll be able to wear those with his tennis shoes during the day and only need the shoes/bar combo at night.
He is not a big fan of the new contraption. He hasn't figured out how to get around with it on yet, and it's not very comfortable for sleeping. He also gets upset that he can't stand up right now. His leg muscles are so weak that they can't support his weight yet. There were lots of tears at our house today. He's a smart little guy, so I'm sure he'll figure it out in a couple of days.
We go back to Riley next Tuesday for a follow-up appointment with the doctor, and then we go back again on 12/14 to get his custom-made braces.
1 month ago

1 comment:
This is what I was picturing in my mind, poor guy. I would be frustrated too. It looks worse than the casts, I would be curious if he can get around in those. Sweet thing.
Post a Comment